Bhí Cruinniú Bliantúil Ginearálta ar siúl ar an gCéadaoin 13ú Meán Fómhair. Ba mhaith liom fáilte a chur roimh an gcoiste nua agus buíochas a ghabháíl le na baill atá ag imeacht ó coiste Cairde i mbliana. Is mór an cúnamh a chuireann Cairde ar fáil don scoil – ag cuidiú le ceiliúraithe Céad Chomaoine, Cóinéartaithe, Oíche Shamhna, tráth na Nollag, Seachtain na Gaeilge, Gradam Rang 6, Tráthnóna Spóirt maraon le cuidiú le h- íocaíochta busa d’fhoirne na scoile agus go leor eile. The Parent Association held a very successful AGM on Wednesday 13th September A ‘céad mile failte’ to the new committee and a big thank you to the outgoing members for all their hard work. Their help at the school is much appreciated…celebrations of Communion, Confirmation, Halloween, Christmas, Seachtain na Gaeilge, 6th Class Graduation, Family Fun Day, subsidising buses to matches and much more.
In conjunction with the AGM last Wednesday Cairde Na Scoile had a very successful information night. Allen O Donoghue, child psychologist came in and spoke about parenting and building resilience in children. There was a brilliant turn out from parents.Here are some tips from Allen’s talk on How to Build Resilience and Improve Communication with our Children.
- Remember children aren’t mini adults, be specific with instructions and concentrate here and now. You are your child’s biggest role model.
- Listen to children and reassure them what they say is important remembering to look at whats not being said.
- Make conflict resolution the a priority. Parents should set core rules, but there should be negotiable rules and other decisions that the child can make. Your job to make boundaries theirs is to push them. Important to have consequences – warning given, take time before decision
- Important to give them space to learn.build self esteem, ask them how they do things good at. Give them time and space. Show them they can solve problems themselves ie brainstorm ways they can solve prob n let them have a go at resolving. This builds resilience.
- Downtime is very important, let them be bored.
If you would like to see particular topics covered in future information nights, we would love to hear from you. Please drop us a line firstname.lastname@example.org. Céad Míle Failte to the 8 new members who have joined the Cairde committee, we look forward to an exciting and fulfilling year ahead.